Three international development programmes
for senior managers of professional services in higher education
The Winter, Summer and The Shanghai Transnational Partnerships Schools provide senior managers in higher education institutions with the knowledge and skills to grow in future leadership roles, in broader rather than narrow functional positions.
ABOUT THE SCHOOLS
Run by leading experts in institutional development of higher education institutions, the schools were created to help you strengthen your leadership capabilities.
Based on a multi-dimensional matrix structure, the schools programmes is highly interactive and experiential by nature. Anchored in the learning-by-doing methodology, the one-week programme offers participants the opportunity to work with peers representing diverse viewpoints and holding diverse positions in their institutions.
The programmes target fast-rising senior university managers with real potential for future leadership and the capacity to become influential senior managers qualified to fulfill all senior functions in higher education institutions.
The Schools are particularly valuable for managers with highly-specialised careers who might benefit from exposure to broader ideas.
Applicants are nominated by their senior manager and will be selected by an EFMD-HUMANE panel of experts.
Applications must include:
- one-page statement
- short curriculum vitae
- supporting letter from your manager
Ready to find out more?
15-20 March 2020
Hosted by: UPF Barcelona School of Management
27 September to 2 October 2020
Hosted by: Freie Universität Berlin
The Shanghai Transnational Partnerships School
Hosted by: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Gain a deeper understanding of the global forces and industry trends that drive the need for change in higher education
- Engage in self-reflection on the implications of these changes on your own personal career development
- Increase your understanding of governance models, leadership and management in diverse environments
- Explore the complexity of higher education leadership while understanding what it means to be an effective leader and manager in today’s world
- Grow as creative, open-minded, digitally savvy and culturally aware manager able to navigate the complex environments in which most institutions operate
Upon successful completion of the Schools, you will receive a joint EFMD-HUMANE certificate.
- Further develop your international professional network
- Exchange ideas and experience
- Develop your career in university leadership and management by deepening your understanding of what other universities do
- Attend seminars and workshops related to management in Higher Education
- Join more than 500 members from 168 universities in 25 different countries